Re: Fwd: [suby-ruby] Your all time desired fundemental Ruby mod

> Lähettäjä: Yukihiro Matsumoto <matz@ruby-lang.org>
> Aihe: Re: Fwd: [suby-ruby] Your all time desired fundemental Ruby mod
>
> Hi,
>
> In message "Re: Fwd: [suby-ruby] Your all time desired fundemental Ruby mod"
> on Mon, 17 Jan 2005 23:22:30 +0900, "trans. (T. Onoma)" <transami@runbox.com> writes:
>
> |I want to expand the functionality of this class with a module I have:
> |
> | module M
> | def x ; @x ; end
> | end
> |
> |But @x needs to default to an array. So what do I do? Presently I have two
> |choices. Either change M to:
> |
> | module M
> | def x ; @x ||= [] ; end
> | end
> |
> |or use super as you suggest. But I don;t want to just recopy C for what if it
> |changed internally later?
>
> Initializing module instance variables are one of the things I want to
> fix. But I'm not sure what is the best way to fix. Maybe AOP-like
> hooks is the way to go. I'm waiting the conviction to come.

Does it need to be fixed? I don't think instance variables belong in
a Module, conceptually. They can be put there, yes, it's just harder
to get them in proper working order, which encourages 'proper' design
but allows circumvention if necessary. I can't think of any situations
where one would have no other option than instance variables in a
Module.

> matz.

Red Cloud

On Dec 23, 1:09 pm, THE-MAG...@webtv.net wrote:
> deshar...@gmail.com (dsharavi)wrote:
>
> >The pro-illegal crowd keep bleating that
> >illegal aliens contribute $7 billion to the
> >economy every years. Which they do.
> >Unfortunately, they cost taxpayers some
> >$40 billion a year.
>
> I believe the latest cost of providing social, medical, law
> enforcement,and educational services to illegal aliens is estimated to
> be an astounding $113 billion a year and still climbing.  Parasites !!!!
> living on the tax payer....We need to cut off all tax payer funded
> services to all illegals no matter how young, how old or how long they
> have been here.

Veto CA Dream Act (free money to illegal alien students) signing is
still going...

if every CA citizens were present with Dream Act veto paper, I bet
that 60% will sign it. It only takes getting veto paper, pen and
personal signature. That's all to
take to repeal Dream Act crap. La Raza politicians came out this
bogus called Dream Act.