microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Deployment Setup Project ?s

JerryWEC

7/3/2007 9:55:00 PM

Hi all!

I'm fishing for a few answers that have been bugging me... I want to know
how to have my installation project (.msi and setup.exe) install in my
folder c:\cellapps\weldline instead of the default c:\program
files\programname folder location. ?

Question two, how do you register a .tlb file that is included in the setup
project? I have two different .tlb files and I'm getting a warning
message... "Unable to create registration information for file named
'CLA_WMWrapper.tlb'".

Any help is greatly appreciated! JerryM

1 Answer

JerryWEC

Hi all!

I'm fishing for a few answers that have been bugging me... I want to know
how to have my installation project (.msi and setup.exe) install in my
folder c:\cellapps\weldline instead of the default c:\program
files\programname folder location. ?

More - Info: I can change the installation path during installation.
However, I'd like to know how to change the path in the setup package so
that it is right and future installs will install it in the correct location
which is c:\cellapps\weldline not c:\program files\weldline.

Question two, how do you register a .tlb file that is included in the setup
project? I have two different .tlb files and I'm getting a warning
message... "Unable to create registration information for file named
'CLA_WMWrapper.tlb'".

More - Info: I'm working on how to regasm.exe the .dll/.tlb now. My
solution is compiling the .dlls and creating the required .tlb file needed
in my development environment. The IDE also registers the .tlb file into
the registry. Does anyone know how to use regasm.exe with the setup package
or another way to ensure that my .tlb file is register into the registry for
COM. Help!

TIA!!! JerryM