Wendy Elizabeth

6/29/2007 3:30:00 AM

I wanted to know if the following setup would work and/or if you have any
other suggestions:
(**Note: I am asking this question since I am currently the only .net
programmer at my new company. I have the professional version of visual
studio.net 2005 and sql server 2005 managment studio installed on my
workstation. What I am trying to do is find a way to use a 'test' sql version
for 'development testing' only. The only place that is available to put a
test sql server is on my workstation. My job says they only have a license
for two sql server 2000 in the production environment and no
'test/developemtn' license is available that they are aware of unless it is
part of visual studion.net 2005.)
Thus can I install both sql server express 2005 and sql server 2005
managment studio on my workstation and each one of them would run. They would
not interfer with the function they were setup for?

Thanks!