Wendy Elizabeth

6/29/2007 1:04:00 AM

I basically want to 'step through' t-sql 2000 statements and I have tried
the several methods. Can you tell me what would you suggest? I have tired
the following methods:
1. I have a question about setting up visual studio.net 2005 professional
version to debug with a sql server 2000 database. The visual studio.net 2005
is on my workstation and the sql server 2000 databases are on two separate
window server boxes.
My goal is to debug some t-sql commands. To do this, I have setup a
project as a database project. The insturctions on the microsoft website url
says that I need to
attach to a process and the process that I need to attach to is
'sqlserver.exe'. However, I can not find this process to connect so. Thus, I
can not attach to it if it is not in the drop down list.
Thus can you tell me what my next step would be?
Does it make a difference if I select wanting to debug as 'T-sql clr' or
with the 'SQL CLR' debugger?
2. I have tried to use query analyzer 2000 from my workstation so that I can
debug a stored procedure. I select the stored procedure I want from the
object browser and right click to debug. The debug window does show up and
the only icons that are not grayed out are the set breakspoints, and start to
run. It does not allow me to set through or 'step into'. What is wrong here?

Thanks!