microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Customising editbox values in the user interface

(Mortar)

I'm trying to customise an editbox value in a visual studio 2005 produced
deployment project. I have set the edit1value to something suitable
([DB_SERVER]), and added this to the custom action data
(/server="[DB_SERVER]"). I can change the editbox from the command line
(msiexec /i ... DB_SERVER=whatever), however I'd really like to be able to
modify this programatically from a C# project installer. Modifying the
Context.Parameters before install seems to not work.

Is there any way of doing this (other than building an applicaion to pass
the command line in to msiexec)?

Thanks