dj

5/28/2007 5:16:00 AM

hi ...
Actually when i m creating setup of my application ..its take default path as C:/program files/appname/manufacturer......And i want to change this path through code in vb.net..Is it possible in vb.net to change?????kindly reply
1 Answer

Phil Wilson

No it's not. The code you run during a setup is called a custom action -
that's the hook where the install calls your methods in scriptr, Dlls,
assemblies. Visual Studio custom actions are sequenced to run at the end of
the install, and there are no setup project ways to call code to set
TARGETDIR. Are you trying to set it to a location determined from the
registry? That's something you can so with a registry search and then a
custom folder with a property based on the results of that search.

--
Phil Wilson
[MVP Windows Installer]