microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

v studio 2005 configuration different on vista

ginajohnst

5/27/2007 7:45:00 AM

Hi

I've been learning VB.Net with Visual Studio 2005 at work on an XP
computer. I've recently installed VS2005 on my home vista machine to
find that even some basic configuration options are different.
e.g.
In vista I have to manually tick "always show solution" in the
Projects and solutions section of Options.
I have to manually add the "Step Into" button on the debug toolbar.

I haven't compared all options but I'm sure there must be more.

Does anyone know why a standard install of VS2005 would give me
different configuration settings.

I find this really frustrating, especially as I'm fairly new to Studio
and the differences drive me insane.

Yes, I have installed sp1 for studio and the vista patch. (hmm maybe
the vista patch is the culprit).

Any thoughts?