microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

How to deploy settings file

Pieter

5/25/2007 7:47:00 AM

I'v devloped a windows service solution in VB.net containing 3 projects.

The first project is a class libary with all the logic in it, compiled into
assembly A.dll

The second project is a Windows service project wich references A.dll

The third project is a setup project to deploy the solution.

All my settings are created in project one using the settings designer. When
I compile the class libary project A.dll.config is created with all my
settings in it. In the output of the windows service project the config file
isn't showing up. Also when I add the project output of the service to the
setup the config file isn't copied.

Now comes my question: Is there a way to automatically copy the settings
file when refferencing a assembly? Or is there an option to let the setup
project detect that there are setting filles?

Kind Regards
Pieter
3 Answers

Shweta

hi, i m facing the same problem did u get the solution for this.if yes Pls post the solution .

Pieter

Yes, I created a custom settingsfile and deploy that with my solution.

"Shweta" wrote:

> hi, i m facing the same problem did u get the solution for this.if yes Pls post the solution .

SrJohn32

NO! Can you help me? This kind of sucks