microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

please urgent how to install SQL server 2000 when i instal my .net application (C#

Tamony

5/6/2007 12:37:00 PM

I which to know how to install sql server 2000 while setup my .net Apllication As i want it to be like acomponent icluded in the setup withrd please urgent
1 Answer

Phil Wilson

I don't believe you can do that - you can't redistrbute SQL Server 2000 just
like that in your setup. You have to require users to have a a license for
it etc. Just like SQL Server 2005 - there is a free Express edition for apps
to use, but you can't redistribute the full version. If you need to have
database support because your app uses it, SQL 2005 Express is for that, and
MSDE was the previous solution in this area.
--
Phil Wilson
[Microsoft MVP-Windows Installer]