microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Application cant find my resource files?

Marcus

4/23/2007 1:48:00 PM

I have been adding multiple language support (different cultures) to
my c# application. I works just fine when I run it from Visual Studio.
I can change between the 2 languages that my application support. (I
dont need to be able to do this in runtime, I just code
Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = m_EnglishCulture or
Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = m_SwedishCulture depending on
what language I want to compile for)

I then added the executable into my setup project which builds OK
producing a msi file. When I install and run the application however,
I get an FileNotFoundException. I guess this is the resource file that
can not be found. I tried putting the 2 resx files in the folder that
my exe file is, but this did not solve my problem.

This is the first time I do this culture thing. What am I doing wrong,
I thought it would be baked into the exe file, but appearently it
aint.

thanks
Marcus