microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Do I need a separate setup for LAN users?

M Harris

4/16/2007 8:41:00 PM

I have an .Net 2005 application that I have created a setup and deployment
package for that runs GREAT for standalone PC users. It installs Framework
2.0, grants permissions, creates the necessary sub-folders, contains
auxiliary files, the application runs, etc. - all good.

Now I need to have the same success when my OTHER users who access the
application from a shared network drive (only one exe and one database). I
know the application needs to be installed on a LAN with exe, database,
subfolders, and I am assuming this can be done with the original setup
package. However, the users need to have Framework 2.0 installed and
permissions (not LAN security, but due to the Framework) to the shared LAN
drive.

I was wondering if I need a separate setup package for a location on the
user's hard drive(deleting the application.exe and database from the setup
package before it is shipped). How would I be able to get the Framework 2.0
permissions to the LAN drive, wouldn't the permissions be granted to the
user's hard drive? Any suggestions? Thank in advance.