microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

deployment project type unavailable

Emmanuel Thiry

Last week I had a problem with my Visual Studio 2005 setup and I uninstalled
and re-installed it. But unfortunately everything is not back to normal as I
can non longer create new or open existing deployment projects.

In the New Project wizard, Other Project Types, Setup and Deployment the
different templates (Setup Project, Web Setup Project, etc) are available,
but when I click the OK button, I get the error "The operation could not be
completed. Class not registered" (my Windows is in French, the actual
message is "Classe non enregistrée")
If I open an existing solution taht contains a .vdproj project, I get the
warning :
"One or more projects in teh solution could not be loaded for the following
reason(s) :
The application for the projects is not installed.
Theses projects will be labeled as unavailable in Solution Explorer. Expand
the project node to show the reason the project could not be loaded."
but I can't read any information in the Solution Explorer.

I ran the Visual Studio 2005 CD in the hope of adding the missing feature
but to no avail.

Can you help me in having Visual Studio 2005 loading deployment project
again ?

Thanks
Manu