microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

How to use .net 3.0 as a launch condition in Visual Studio setup project

Roy Chastain

3/6/2007 1:49:00 AM

Please excuse the cross post.

I am trying to create an install with Visual Studio 2005

The application that is being installed requires framework 3.0.

I added a launch condition of .NET Framework and tried 3.0 as the
version. That results in a error message of "Invalid Version value
for launch condition .NET Framework"

If I put in 3.0.0, I do not get the error message, but the setup
always wants to run the 3.0 install even when it is already installed.
I would like to be able to get the version correct and would also like
to be able use the DotNetFx3.exe included with the setup instead of
use downloading from Microsoft. I have placed dotnefx3.exe &
dotnetfx3_x64.exe into C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\SDK\v2.0\BootStrapper\Packages\NETFX30

1) - What version should I be using
2) - What procedure might I be missing in regards to getting the
install to use the local copy of the framework install.

Thanks

Roy Chastain
SOHO Technology Solutions, LLC