microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Registering COM Components while installation -VS 2005

SivaprakashShanmugam

3/5/2007 10:18:00 AM

Hi

I want to install some COM componentes automatically which is created in MFC
ActiveX controller and wrapper is created in C#. I did the same process in VS
2003 it is doing perfect so far (I said Register as vsdrfCOM for the .ocx and
their interops) even though i did the same thing in VS 2005 it is not
registering hence i couldnt see anything which is related to COM control.

Please write up me how to handle this.

Thanks.
1 Answer

Phil Wilson

If I understand correctly, you're installing an OCX using vsdrfCOM, which is
correct, but you do not register interop assemblies. The interop assembly is
a wrapper, a RCW called by managed code and it does not need registering.
You may in fact have overwritten and broken the OCX registration by
registering the interop assembly.
--
Phil Wilson
[Microsoft MVP - Windows Installer]