Andrew Chalk

3/5/2007 7:13:00 AM

In a VS2005 setup project, how do I incorporate another .MSI file that
should be called by the setup project.

Many thanks.

4 Answers

Phil Wilson

You don't. You can't have a Visual Studio setup custom action that calls
another MSI during its install because you can't run more than one MSI
simultaneously. That's why the bootstrapper setup.exe launches other MSIs
before yours. People typically write a launcher that runs all the MSIs one
after the other.
--
Phil Wilson
[Microsoft MVP-Windows Installer]
"Andrew Chalk" <achalk@magnacartasoftware.com> wrote in message
> In a VS2005 setup project, how do I incorporate another .MSI file that
> should be called by the setup project.
>
> Many thanks.

Andrew Chalk

Thanks!