microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Removing files after cancelling install - 3.0

Gordon

2/24/2007 4:07:00 PM

I downloaded 3.0 for the XPS capability, and then half-way through the
install decided that it might break my CD Burning app that needs 1.0, so I
cancelled the install. Can anyone tell me where the files are located so
that I can delete the incomplete install?

Thanks

1 Answer

Tomas Vera

Did you hit the "Cancel" button and did your install "Rollback" after
you clicked the "Cancel" button?

If you did, and the installed went through a "Rollback", then all the
files should have been deleted as part of the rollback.

BTW, in the past, various versions of the framework were able to
co-exist without any problem (e.g. versions 1.0 and 1.1 are noth
installed on my system now). So you should be able to have 3.0
installed alongside 1.0 without any problems.

-tomas

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 16:07:22 -0000, "Gordon"
<gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:

>I downloaded 3.0 for the XPS capability, and then half-way through the
>install decided that it might break my CD Burning app that needs 1.0, so I
>cancelled the install. Can anyone tell me where the files are located so
>that I can delete the incomplete install?
>
>Thanks

* Tomas Vera
* tomas (at) sbcglobal (dot) net
*/