Phil Wilson

2/14/2007 3:39:00 PM

VS 2005 sometimes picks up the TLB if it can find it (IIRC that means if
it's registered). The easiest thing to do is just generate a TLB (as a post
build step?) with tlbexp and explicitly add it.
This is VS 2003 but relevant:
http://www.simple-talk.com/dotnet/visual-studio/build-and-deploy-a-.net-com...

--
Phil Wilson
[Microsoft MVP-Windows Installer]

"breno" <breno.2ly8in@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au> wrote in message
> Subject: TLB Files in VS 2005 Project
> Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 08:56:58 -0600
>

> Hello,
> I'm experiencing a problem very similar to another thread posted on
> this forum.
>
> http://tinyurl....
>
> The problem is identical so with nothing to elaborate.
>
> "In vs 2003, if I flagged my class library as Register for COM interop,
> and
> Make assembly COM-Visible, I would see the tlb files appear in the
> detected
> dependencies list if I added the class libraries primary output to a
> setup
> project in the same solution. If I built the setup project and
> installed
> it, the tlb files would get installed and registered.
>
> With vs 2005, I do not see the tlb files in the list, and they do not
> get
> built into the msi file in my setup project so of course they don't
> get
> installed and registered. Is there a different process I need to take
> with
> vs 2005?"
>

> --
> breno
> breno's Profile: http://www.hightechtalk...
> View this thread: http://www.hightechtalks.c...

2 Answers

Boomer

Hi, i've solved the same problem adding:

using System.Runtime.InteropServices;

[assembly: ComVisibleAttribute(true)]
[assembly: Guid("xxxxxx-xxxx-xxx-xxxxxxx")]

in the AssemblyInfo.cs file of my com object (simply use a valid guid from the "create guid" tool in visual studio )

BeamMeUpScotty

On 8/31/2012 11:32 AM, 3159 Dead wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Aug 2012 10:53:39 -0400, BeamMeUpScotty wrote:

>>> Didn't listen. I hear hardly anybody liked it.
>>>
>>> I did see a senile Clint Eastwood talking to a chair. I think the
>>> chair won the debate.
>>

>> TV is a brain disease, it will induce ADD into people's brain.... I
>> haven't turned one on in weeks and I learned two new guitar compositions
>> in that otherwise TV wasted time.
>
> You don't think I was stupid enough to actually WATCH the convention, do
> you?
>
> The Clintwood video, which is two minutes long, is all over the web.
> Looks like ADD was induced into old Clint pretty good.
>>

>> 99% of the news is Liberal garbage for the idiots that lap up all the
>> puke the Liberal NEWS shows can spew. They argue in endless circles,
>> the moderators allow the guests to lie and get away with it. You learn
>> nothing watching it. Movie stars are *ALL* over paid useless hacks and
>> their opinion is not better than mine just because they played a
>> politician or hero on TV.
>
> Yes, the whole world's mad, and you're the only one who's sane!

Thanks, but I had already come to that conclusion....

I saw that episode on the TWILIGHT ZONE also, and the one where the
pretty girl was repulsive and ugly to all the people that wore masks and
yet they were all ugly under the mask. It was all perspective. The
good old days when TV was black and white and had something to say.

OK I'll turn the TV on for a few minutes next week and soak up some more
of what the NORMAL people are like. Apparently, sanity is best in small
doses.