microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Passing parameter to MSI

Cleyton

2/7/2007 12:55:00 PM

Hello!

Someone knows if I can pass the path where I want to install my application
to a MSI, passing like parameters?

For instance: MyMsiIntaller.msi /something="mypath"

Thanks!
2 Answers

jacky kwok

Cleyton wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Someone knows if I can pass the path where I want to install my application
> to a MSI, passing like parameters?
>
> For instance: MyMsiIntaller.msi /something="mypath"
>
> Thanks!

take a look of the installer service parameters:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa3...

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa3...

e.g. for installation path of window app (not web app)

"msiexec /i installer.msi TARGETDIR=c:\abcdefg"

--
Jacky Kwok
jacky@alumni_DOT_cuhk_DOT_edu_DOT_hk

Cleyton

Really thanks!!! It's this that I was looking for.