microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Visual Studio 2005 SP1 deployment: 5 minute uninstall

boeroboy

1/31/2007 8:11:00 PM

Does anybody else notice vdproj or msi taking an ungodly long time to
uninstall from add/remove programs?

Our project was doing fine until one day we realized it takes 5
minutes for someone to uninstall. Some users were interpreting it as
a lock up and were rebooting. As a test, we uninstalled VS SP1 and
rebuilt the installer. It now takes 15 seconds to uninstall again.

Thoughts?
Johnny

2 Answers

boeroboy

The problem seems linked to Business Objects dependencies. We've
opened up a support ticket with Microsoft.

keywords:
Crystal Reports Merge Modules

RussellB

boeroboy@gmail.com;7259505 Wrote:
> The problem seems linked to Business Objects dependencies. We've
> opened up a support ticket with Microsoft.
>
> keywords:
> Crystal Reports Merge Modules

We are having the same kinda problem. Is there a workaround for this?
If not, when will be fixed?

Thanks

--
RussellB