microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

deploy crystal report problem

James Wong

When I deploy my Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2005, it has some errors.
"The type initializer for 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument' threw an exception"

I follow the msdn step:
In the Add Project Output Group, select Primary output and click OK.
Any dependencies, such as the Crystal_Managed2003.msm, are added automatically.

But I cannot find it, I need to add it in Modules dialog box.
Has it some mistakes?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.. Open your Windows application.
2.. In the Solution Explorer, right-click your Windows application solution, point to Add then click New Project.
3.. In the Add New Project dialog box, select Setup and Deployment Projects in the Project Types pane and select Setup Project in the Templates pane. Click OK.
4.. In the Solution Explorer, right-click the Setup Project, point to Add then click Project Output.
5.. In the Add Project Output Group, select Primary output and click OK.
Any dependencies, such as the Crystal_Managed2003.msm, are added automatically.

6.. In the Solution Explorer, right-click the Setup Project, point to Add then click Merge Module.
a..
1.. In the Add Modules dialog box, select the following merge modules to add to your Setup project and click Open:
2.. Crystal_Database_Access2003.msm
a.. Crystal_Database_Access2003_enu.msm
b.. Crystal_regwiz2003.msm
1.. For a description of these merge modules see Crystal Reports Merge Modules.
2.. In the Solution Explorer, right-click the Crystal_regwiz2003.msm file and choose Properties.
3.. In the Properties window, expand MergeModuleProperties and enter a valid license key in the License Key properties box.
Thanks.

James