microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Run Setup automatically after NET Framework installation finish.

ido.rebelrebel

1/24/2007 9:33:00 AM

In order to deploy an application written in C# using VS 2005 (and
obviously .Net 2.0) I have generated a setup and deployment project via
visual studio. In the launch conditions editor I have added a NET
Framework launch condition. The condition works great but the MSI does
not run automatically after NET framework installation finished. How do
I make the MSI run automatically after NET framework installation
finished?
Thanks.

1 Answer

Phil Wilson

You don't - that's just the way launch conditions work. Use the setup.exe
bootstrapper instead - that ensures the framework is there first and then
starts the MSI file.
--
Phil Wilson
[Microsoft MVP Windows Installer]