microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Automatically launch application after installation complete

ido.rebelrebel

1/24/2007 9:17:00 AM

In order to deploy an application written in C# using VS 2005 (and
obviously .Net 2.0) I have generated a setup and deployment project via
visual studio. In the user interface dialog I have created a
check-boxes dialog that one of them is launch application. how do I run
the application automatically when installation finish depending on
check-box?
thanks

2 Answers

Phil Wilson

Create an install custom action to launch the program conditioned on the
checkbox property. You'll need to make the custom action do an asynchronous
launch because if you just launch your app directly the MSI setup will wait
for your launched app to finish - that's just the way Visual Studio custom
actions work.
--
Phil Wilson
[Microsoft MVP Windows Installer]
<ido.rebelrebel@gmail.com> wrote in message
> In order to deploy an application written in C# using VS 2005 (and
> obviously .Net 2.0) I have generated a setup and deployment project via
> visual studio. In the user interface dialog I have created a
> check-boxes dialog that one of them is launch application. how do I run
> the application automatically when installation finish depending on
> check-box?
> thanks

Shawn Jackson

You wrote, "You'll need to make the custom action do an asynchronous
launch ..."

How do I set the custom action to make the asynchronously?

The only properties I see available in the Custom Actions page is
(Name), Arguments, Condition, CustomActionData, InstallerClass and
Sourcepath.

*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.develop... ***