microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Blank License Agreement in VS 2005 Setup And Deployment Project

SimonHamelech

1/23/2007 6:19:00 PM

In order to deploy an application written in C# using VS 2005 (and
obviously .Net 2.0) I have generated a setup and deployment project via
visual studio. To this project I have added a license page dialog and
configured it to use a file called license.rtf, however when I install
the application the license page shows up blank. I am also
experiencing the same problem with the readme dialog that I have added.

Until now I have been successfully publishing my application to the web
using clickonce technology, however due to a lack of uninstall and the
ability to display a license agreement I have had to forgo this.

2 Answers

Phil Wilson

Is it a real actual RTF file, or maybe just a text file you renamed to an
RTF file?
--
Phil Wilson
[Microsoft MVP Windows Installer]

<SimonHamelech@gmail.com> wrote in message
> In order to deploy an application written in C# using VS 2005 (and
> obviously .Net 2.0) I have generated a setup and deployment project via
> visual studio. To this project I have added a license page dialog and
> configured it to use a file called license.rtf, however when I install
> the application the license page shows up blank. I am also
> experiencing the same problem with the readme dialog that I have added.
>
> Until now I have been successfully publishing my application to the web
> using clickonce technology, however due to a lack of uninstall and the
> ability to display a license agreement I have had to forgo this.

SimonHamelech

Thanks, that solved my problem.