microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

ASPNET_WP.EXE will not start (Specified procedure is not found

jemearls

1/15/2007 8:42:00 PM

OS: Windows 2000 with latest SP
..NET version: v2.0.50727

I have a very simple go.aspx page that I'm running out of a virtual
directory maked to use ASP.NET 2.0 (via the tab in inetmgr.exe).

When I try to browse go.aspx, all I see in the browser window is:

The specified procedure could not be found.

My troubleshooting steps so far:

1) I've run aspnet_regiis.exe -u and then aspnet_regiis -i to remove
and re-install asp.net 2.0
2) I've run aspnet_regiis.exe -ga <domain\username> to register the
domain user account we are using in the machine.config.
3) I've set the machine.config to use the default ASPNET account to
launch the aspnet_wp.exe process
4) REGMON and FILEMON do not show any access denied error messages when
I filter on Inetinfo.exe, aspnet_wp.exe, or dllhost.exe and refresh the
browser to reproduce the error.
5) Completely re-install .net 2.0 on the machine. Three times. ;-)
6) The worker processes have access to the metabase.bin file.

Note that .net 1.1 (ASP.NET 1.1) and .net 1.0 (ASP.NET 1.0) work fine
on this machine.

Any ideas? Nuke the machine from orbit, it's the only way?

Thanks!