John

1/14/2007 6:54:00 PM

Hi

I am almost finished with a vs 2005 (pre sp1) project which I need to
deliver in the next couple of days. I am wondering if I should deliver
project with sp1. Is it safe to install sp1 at this late stage?

Thanks

Regards

2 Answers

(Herfried K. Wagner [MVP])

"John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> schrieb:
> I am almost finished with a vs 2005 (pre sp1) project which I need to
> deliver in the next couple of days. I am wondering if I should deliver
> project with sp1. Is it safe to install sp1 at this late stage?

SP1 is a service pack for the development environment. .NET Framework 2.0
kept unchanged.

--
M S Herfried K. Wagner
M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvp...

jacky kwok

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] wrote:
> "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> schrieb:
>> I am almost finished with a vs 2005 (pre sp1) project which I need to
>> deliver in the next couple of days. I am wondering if I should deliver
>> project with sp1. Is it safe to install sp1 at this late stage?
>
> SP1 is a service pack for the development environment. .NET Framework
> 2.0 kept unchanged.

Just a little bit supplement.

if the project will contain any C/C++ code, take care the C runtime DLL
(msvcrt80.dll) has been updated in VS2005sp1 (I believe the MFC DLL also
has been updated).

--
Jacky Kwok
jacky@alumni_DOT_cuhk_DOT_edu_DOT_hk