microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

& char in Product Name !!

Bragadiru

1/8/2007 11:00:00 AM

Hi all,

I don't know if this is the right group.

I made a deployment setup project and I want to set the Product Name to :
A&B
At runtime the title bar is correct, but Banner text is : Installing AB
application - B is underlined !!??
I tried to change the ProductName to A&&B => banner text is ok, but the
title bar is : A&&B

I know that '&' is a special char, but how can I use it correctly ?

Thanks for any advice

2 Answers

Phil Wilson

I don't think you can detour this - I couldn't find a way to turn this off.
You get the underline because that's how the & is used in the Windows
Installer UI preparation. Example: on that opening screen of the setup the
N of "Next" is underlined because it's preceded by an & in the UI table.
Same thing with your text in the UI.
--
Phil Wilson
[Microsoft MVP Windows Installer]
"Bragadiru" <adi_lazar@nospam.nospam> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I don't know if this is the right group.
>
> I made a deployment setup project and I want to set the Product Name to :
> A&B
> At runtime the title bar is correct, but Banner text is : Installing AB
> application - B is underlined !!??
> I tried to change the ProductName to A&&B => banner text is ok, but the
> title bar is : A&&B
>
> I know that '&' is a special char, but how can I use it correctly ?
>
> Thanks for any advice

Bragadiru

Thanks Phil.

Can I change something with Orca, to accomplish my goal ?