microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Changing default installation folder problem

sunil

I want to change the default installation folder to my own path. I did
it by changing the application folder's DefaultLocation property. The
installation works fine as long the path that I give is complete path.
If I give relative path, there is an error. How do I give a relative
path?

1 Answer

Phil Wilson

You'll need to describe what you're trying to do. When you install to a
system, there is no such thing as a relative path because you can't tell the
system to install to ..\\..\\SomeFolder. You have to start with some actual
location on the system.
--
Phil Wilson
[Microsoft MVP-Windows Installer]