microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Adding links to the startmenu when application is installed (VS2003

Marcus

12/13/2006 2:55:00 PM

I use VS2003 and am trying to have my setup project adding some links
to the startmenu. The links should be a MS Word document and an exe
file.
But I can't seem to get this right!

I tried to follow the tutorial on
http://www.support.microsoft.com....

The problem is that I need to have the links point to locations that
are based on where the user chooses to install my application. As it is

now (after having followed the tutorial) they point to a specific
folder on MY computer. I thought of the idea to lay the physical files
on a startmeny/myApp folder. But then I realised that the startmenu
doesn't have to be on drive C for all users installing my application.

Does someone got an idea how to do this?

thanks

1 Answer

Phil Wilson

If links means shortcuts, have you tried right-clicking your exe, create
shortcut, then moving that shortcut to a folder in the user's start menu in
the File System view?
--
Phil Wilson
[Microsoft MVP - Windows Installer]