microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Re: Could not load type 'System.Web.Security.AccessRoleProvider'

Dominick Baier

all Access providers were removed in RTM - i think you can download them
(or move to a proper db ;))

hmm - i just did a quick google but i can't find them

-----
Dominick Baier (http://www.leastpri...)

> AccessRoleProvider

4 Answers

Dominick Baier

well - the class this config element is referring to

<add name="AspNetAccessProvider2"
type="System.Web.Security.AccessRoleProvider"
connectionStringName="AccessFileName" applicationName="/"></add>

is not included anymore in .NET 2.0 - it was there in beta times...

makes sense?

-----
Dominick Baier (http://www.leastpri...)

> "Dominick Baier" <dbaier@pleasepleasenospam_leastprivilege.com> wrote
> in message news:51eb30483a128c8eb540d8faa70@news.microsoft.com...
>
>> Hi,
>> all Access providers were removed in RTM - i think you can download
>> them
>> (or move to a proper db ;))
>> hmm - i just did a quick google but i can't find them
>>
> I'm not sure what you're referring to re: access providers. I didn't
> write the app.
>
> Re: moving to a "proper db", the app will one day reside on SQL so I
> can get away from the MS Access nightmare but not feasible at the
> moment.
>
> Roland

Dominick Baier

well - the class this config element is referring to

<add name="AspNetAccessProvider2"
type="System.Web.Security.AccessRoleProvider"
connectionStringName="AccessFileName" applicationName="/"></add>

is not included anymore in .NET 2.0 - it was there in beta times...

makes sense?

-----
Dominick Baier (http://www.leastpri...)

> "Dominick Baier" <dbaier@pleasepleasenospam_leastprivilege.com> wrote
> in message news:51eb30483a128c8eb540d8faa70@news.microsoft.com...
>
>> Hi,
>> all Access providers were removed in RTM - i think you can download
>> them
>> (or move to a proper db ;))
>> hmm - i just did a quick google but i can't find them
>>
> I'm not sure what you're referring to re: access providers. I didn't
> write the app.
>
> Re: moving to a "proper db", the app will one day reside on SQL so I
> can get away from the MS Access nightmare but not feasible at the
> moment.
>
> Roland

Dominick Baier

well - the class this config element is referring to

<add name="AspNetAccessProvider2"
type="System.Web.Security.AccessRoleProvider"
connectionStringName="AccessFileName" applicationName="/"></add>

is not included anymore in .NET 2.0 - it was there in beta times...

makes sense?

-----
Dominick Baier (http://www.leastpri...)

> "Dominick Baier" <dbaier@pleasepleasenospam_leastprivilege.com> wrote
> in message news:51eb30483a128c8eb540d8faa70@news.microsoft.com...
>
>> Hi,
>> all Access providers were removed in RTM - i think you can download
>> them
>> (or move to a proper db ;))
>> hmm - i just did a quick google but i can't find them
>>
> I'm not sure what you're referring to re: access providers. I didn't
> write the app.
>
> Re: moving to a "proper db", the app will one day reside on SQL so I
> can get away from the MS Access nightmare but not feasible at the
> moment.
>
> Roland

Roland Hall