microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Administrative Install - How to design???

MilanB

12/11/2006 9:09:00 AM

Hello,

I have created classic installation including Welocme, Licence Agreement and
etc for softvare deployment.

I'm not sure about administrative install. Should it poses LicenceAgreement
Form, WelcomeForm and what is propose of this type of installation?

Can I exculde this installation from my VS Setup project?

Thanks
MilanB
1 Answer

Phil Wilson

It depends what type of administrative install you're thinking of, but
generally speaking you would get Active Directory/Group Policy to deploy the
MSI silently on the client systems. The UI sequence wouldn't show. Any
properties you need setting you'd pass on the msiexec command line.
--
Phil Wilson
[Microsoft MVP - Windows Installer]