microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Setup and Deployment Projects

fniles

12/4/2006 9:44:00 PM

I am not sure what newsgroup I should post this question at, because I did
not see a newsgroup for Visual Studio Setup Wizard.
In the Setup and Deployment Projects (Setup Project), how can I include
installation for MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Component) ?
Thank you.

3 Answers

Phil Wilson

Prerequisites will do this - the Prerequisites button in VS 2005 project
properties has an MDAC choice. You'll get a setup.exe that will install
MDAC, the framework etc.
--
Phil Wilson
[Microsoft MVP Windows Installer]
"fniles" <fniles@pfmail.com> wrote in message
>I am not sure what newsgroup I should post this question at, because I did
>not see a newsgroup for Visual Studio Setup Wizard.
> In the Setup and Deployment Projects (Setup Project), how can I include
> installation for MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Component) ?
> Thank you.

fniles

Thank you for your reply.
How about in VS2003 ? I am currently using VS2003.
In the solution property, there is "Project Dependencies", but I can not add
anything to it.

"Phil Wilson" <phil.wilson@wonderware.something.com> wrote in message
> Prerequisites will do this - the Prerequisites button in VS 2005 project
> properties has an MDAC choice. You'll get a setup.exe that will install
> MDAC, the framework etc.
> --
> Phil Wilson
> [Microsoft MVP Windows Installer]
> "fniles" <fniles@pfmail.com> wrote in message
>>I am not sure what newsgroup I should post this question at, because I did
>>not see a newsgroup for Visual Studio Setup Wizard.
>> In the Setup and Deployment Projects (Setup Project), how can I include
>> installation for MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Component) ?
>> Thank you.

Phil Wilson

There's a bootstrapper plug-in:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=627921a0-d9e7-43d6-a293-72f9c370bd19&disp...