microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Cannot install .NET framework 1.1

clayton.curmi

11/20/2006 3:32:00 PM

Hi ppl,

I've got a problem when trying to install the .net framework 1.1!
Recently I formatted my pc. I already had .net 1.1 + VS2003 installed.
Now I downloaded the SDK from microsoft site and when I run the
installer, an error is being prompted in the last few secs of the
installation that is ;

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id=0xef0, Thread id=0xef4.

The installation status is Registering System.EnterpriseService.dll.
Then the application rolls back.

What I have tried so far;

Extracted the temporary files from the Documents&Settings and ran
netfx.msi (found this fix in another group but to no avail).

BTW I've got service pack 2 installed. Any suggestions!

Thanks in advanced
Clayton