microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

No Microsoft and Google sites after installation of framework 2

Gale Coleman - LSND

11/14/2006 4:52:00 AM

Hello all,

I am using windows 2000 pro with SP 4 and Internet explorer 6 with all the
latest updates and I want to install SQL express. Before I do
this, I have to install .net framework 2. I found the download here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&disp...

And downloaded the file named dotnetfx.exe. When finished, it said it
finished successfully and there were two windows updates to framework 2. I
then restarted machine. I can no longer get the microsoft webpages or google
websites.

I then uninstalled the .net framework 2 and instantly could get the
microsoft and google sites again.

There were no errors during installation and I had my security software
turned all the way off.

What can I do to get this installed correctly and still have my Internet
Explorer 6 get the microsoft and google sites?

Thanks.