RAM

11/12/2006 3:47:00 PM

I downloaded dotnetfx3setup.exe and run it. Progress bar of setup
initialization stopped at about 80%. Could you tell me please how to solve
the problem?
Thank you
/RAM/

5 Answers

RAM

....I had not problems with 2.0.
/RAM/

U¿ytkownik "R.A.M." <r_ahimsa_m@poczta.onet.pl> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
>I downloaded dotnetfx3setup.exe and run it. Progress bar of setup
>initialization stopped at about 80%. Could you tell me please how to solve
>the problem?
> Thank you
> /RAM/

tjmarchant

So did you managed to fix it?

I have what looks like the same issue - the "loading installation
components" box just sitting there, and maxing out my CPU.

R.A.M. wrote:
> I downloaded dotnetfx3setup.exe and run it. Progress bar of setup
> initialization stopped at about 80%. Could you tell me please how to solve
> the problem?
> Thank you
> /RAM/

Mike Harrington

I have the exact same problem, and I can't even kill the process without
rebooting.

<tjmarchant@gmail.com> wrote in message
> So did you managed to fix it?
>
> I have what looks like the same issue - the "loading installation
> components" box just sitting there, and maxing out my CPU.
>
> R.A.M. wrote:
>> I downloaded dotnetfx3setup.exe and run it. Progress bar of setup
>> initialization stopped at about 80%. Could you tell me please how to
>> solve
>> the problem?
>> Thank you
>> /RAM/

Mike Harrington

I finally got it working, I had to uninstall a previous CTP version that got
installed on my computer by downloading and running the pre-release
uninstall tool first. The URL to it is:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AAE7FC63-D405-4E13-909F-E85AA9E66146&disp...

HTH

<tjmarchant@gmail.com> wrote in message
> So did you managed to fix it?
>
> I have what looks like the same issue - the "loading installation
> components" box just sitting there, and maxing out my CPU.
>
> R.A.M. wrote:
>> I downloaded dotnetfx3setup.exe and run it. Progress bar of setup
>> initialization stopped at about 80%. Could you tell me please how to
>> solve
>> the problem?
>> Thank you
>> /RAM/

Damon

i found that this problem was due to the fact that the update tries to go to the internet as an anonymous user instead of using the signed on users creditals. Of course if you have a firewall in place that only allows authorized users, then this would fail. Show check to see if it is your firewall (locally or your network firewall).

R.A.M. wrote:
> I downloaded dotnetfx3setup.exe and run it. Progress bar of setup
> initialization stopped at about 80%. Could you tell me please how to solve
> the problem?
> Thank you
> /RAM/

___