microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Microsoft component installer SDK problem

Has anyone tried using microsoft component installer 2.0 to check your system
if prerequisite components such as windows intaller 3.0 and .NET framework
are already installed?
Im having a problem with this line of code in PSetup.ini:

PostInstallAction=setup.exe

This code does not execute. PSetup cant seem to find setup.exe. I've placed
all PSetup needed files(psetup.exe,psetup.ini and unicows.dll) in a CD
including setup.exe. I've tried PostInstallAction=.\setup.exe and
PostInstallAction=..\setup.exe still it doesnt work. My local harddisk copy
of the application works fine though. In what directory did the application
looked for setup.exe?
Any help is highly appreciated.