Peri

11/7/2006 8:56:00 AM

When I look in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio =

8\SDK\v2.0\BootStrapper\Packages I can read product.xml files and see =

what's called and when it's called when I add package as prerequisite in=
=

VS Setup project. For example product.xml for .NET 2.0 Framework has a =

line:

<Command PackageFile=3D"dotnetfx.exe" Arguments=3D"/q:a /c:"install /q=
/l"" =

I was sure it means that dotnetfx.exe will be called with specified =

arguments. So .NET installs in quiet mode. But It doesn't. It asks user =
=

for EULA acceptance and shows progress window. Why is that? When I run =

dotnetfx.exe with these arguments from commandline it installs in quiet =
=

mode.

The same goes for other packages I use (MDAC 2.8, Windows Installer 3.1)=
.. =

Started from VS made setup these two don't install in quiet mode. When I=
=

run them from command line using arguments from their product.xml they =

install in quiet mode?

Please explain.

-- =

Peri