bajohns1

11/6/2006 8:21:00 AM

I have a BHO that needs to be registered. In VS2005 all I do is run
Regasm but for the install I am told I cannot use that method.

Currently I have my .dll set to register: vsdpaDefault and my .tlb
register: vsdrfCOM

However, this setup does not call my BHO [ComRegisterFunction] which is
needed. Can someone please explain to me how I can emulate the
behavior of Regasm Completely.

Thanks in Advance

Brian

3 Answers

Phil Wilson

VS setups don't call ComRegisterFunction classes. See if this helps:
http://www.simple-talk.com/dotnet/visual-studio/build-and-deploy-a-.net-com...

--
Phil Wilson
[Microsoft MVP Windows Installer]
<bajohns1@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a BHO that needs to be registered. In VS2005 all I do is run
> Regasm but for the install I am told I cannot use that method.
>
> Currently I have my .dll set to register: vsdpaDefault and my .tlb
> register: vsdrfCOM
>
> However, this setup does not call my BHO [ComRegisterFunction] which is
> needed. Can someone please explain to me how I can emulate the
> behavior of Regasm Completely.
>
> Thanks in Advance
>
> Brian

bajohns1

Actually, I used your tutorial before I wrote to this USENET. Thanks
for the tutorial, but I need the run the ComRegisterFunction because
that is where I add my GUID to the Registry such that my program is
registered as a BHO. Any Advice on how to get that done?

Brian

Phil Wilson wrote:
> VS setups don't call ComRegisterFunction classes. See if this helps:
> http://www.simple-talk.com/dotnet/visual-studio/build-and-deploy-a-.net-com...
>
> --
> Phil Wilson
> [Microsoft MVP Windows Installer]
> <bajohns1@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >I have a BHO that needs to be registered. In VS2005 all I do is run
> > Regasm but for the install I am told I cannot use that method.
> >
> > Currently I have my .dll set to register: vsdpaDefault and my .tlb
> > register: vsdrfCOM
> >
> > However, this setup does not call my BHO [ComRegisterFunction] which is
> > needed. Can someone please explain to me how I can emulate the
> > behavior of Regasm Completely.
> >
> > Thanks in Advance
> >
> > Brian

Phil Wilson

If it's a Guid going to the registry it's not clear to me why you need code
at all. VS setups have a registry view where you can just add it. I don't
know what other data needs to go in the registry for a BHO as well as the
guid, but if you need to specify where your file is, it's most likely at
[TARGETDIR]your.file.