microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Re: HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

nmkumar01

I am having the same problem that u have stated in ur post..

I installed Visual Studio.NET 2003 on my Windows 2000 Professional
SP4.
I completed all the steps, did not skip anything
(Framework,Components,etc)
http://localhost is up and running.
FrontPage Server Extensions 2002 are installed.
When I try to create a new ASP.NET project at
http://localhost/WebApplication1

I first got an error "ASP.NET 1.1 is not installed..."

Then I ran "aspnet_regiis.exe -c" utility.
It said that "ASP.NET was registered succesfully".
Then I tried to create a new Visual Studio.NET project again
and now I get a different error:

"The Web Server reported the followin error when attempting to create
or open
the web project located at the following URL:

'http://localhost/WebApplication1'. 'HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server
Error'.

Did u find any solution for this problem.. If u have the solution
kindly mail it to my id please..

With Regards,
Muthu Kumar N
(muthu_new2004@yahoo.co.in)