microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

NET 2.0 Launch condition

William Sullivan

9/25/2006 6:44:00 PM

Any hints? I'm very surprised that I can't find any information on this. TIA.
3 Answers

Vadym Stetsyak

Hello, William!

WS> Any hints? I'm very surprised that I can't find any information on
WS> this. TIA.

Look at MsiNetAssemblySupport property
( http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/msi/setup/msinetassemblysupport.asp?... )

In the LaunchCondition table you can set condition to MsiNetAssemblySupport >= "2.0.50727"

Or if you're using Setup project you can add .NET launch condition, then select its properties and set the
Version property to 2.0.50727
--
Regards, Vadym Stetsyak
www: http://vadmyst.bl...

William Sullivan

I've tried the first suggestion, but I haven't tested it yet. The second
suggestion doesn't seem to be an option in my setup project. Not sure if its
because its for a website...

"Vadym Stetsyak" wrote:

> Hello, William!
>
> WS> Any hints? I'm very surprised that I can't find any information on
> WS> this. TIA.
>
> Look at MsiNetAssemblySupport property
> ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/msi/setup/msinetassemblysupport.asp?... )
>
> In the LaunchCondition table you can set condition to MsiNetAssemblySupport >= "2.0.50727"
>
> Or if you're using Setup project you can add .NET launch condition, then select its properties and set the
> Version property to 2.0.50727
> --
> Regards, Vadym Stetsyak
> www: http://vadmys...

Phil Wilson

If you add a 2.0 assembly the setup adds a check for the 2.0 framework
automatically. Look in launch conditions.
--
Phil Wilson
[Microsoft MVP Windows Installer]

"William Sullivan" <WilliamSullivan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in