microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

dot NET never installed in fresh winxp home sp2?

MsOsWin@anon.com

9/20/2006 7:14:00 PM

i see the downloadable 1.1 is march 2004. i bought xp sp2 (complete fresh install, no
upgrade detritus). approx Oct 2004, IIRC

no chance that i'd recall choices i may have made during install. but i've since assumed
that dotnet is part of xpsp2. yes?

investigating this computer based on quick scan of messages in this ng:
1 my computer doesn't have the expected \windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework
2 and file search in \windows\ folder doesn't find dotnet filenames.

so maybe someone could quickly confirm that i likely don't have any dotnet.

would be good to know before i potentially break something when i install the downloaded
dotnetfx 1.1

thanks...

____________________
a little further background: first-time startup of newly installed software gives error message
that implies dotnet problem AND software makers page has general errors comment that
includes link to dotnet 1.1.

_____________________
dotnetfx 1.1
from
"Download details .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package"
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=262d25e3-f589-...
034d1e7cf3a3&displaylang=en
Version: 1.1
Date Published: 3/30/2004
http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/a/c/aac39226-8825-...
bf8203e74006/dotnetfx.exe
2 Answers

Phil Wilson

XP doesn't come with the framework. I think it's on the SP2 CD but it
doesn't get installed.
--
Phil Wilson
[Microsoft MVP-Windows Installer]

MsOsWin@anon.com

"Phil Wilson" <pdjwilson@nospam.cox.net> in

> XP doesn't come with the framework. I think it's on the SP2 CD but it
> doesn't get installed.

not sure if it's on the cd, but almost certainly wasn't in sp2 default install , since another
software included dotnet 1.1 during install.