microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Clickonce deployment for desktop app using Access.MDB

Rob Blackmore

8/31/2006 9:42:00 PM

Is it possible / advisable to use click once to deploy a desktop application
using an Access database to store the users data?

I notice that the clickonce application is not installed in program
files/<application name> which is where the data would need to be + also the
MDB would not want to be considered as part of the setup of add/remove as it
needs to remain on the filesystem.

Any advice / URLs would be appreciated.

Rob

1 Answer

Bryan Phillips

Click-Once applications are installed in the installing user's profile
and must be installed individually for every user accessing the
application.

Bryan Phillips
MCSD, MCDBA, MCSE
Blog: http://bphillips76.space...