microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

MSI command line uninstallation option

lucky

8/23/2006 1:26:00 PM

hi guys,
i'm trying to run a MSI from command line to uninstall the installed
version. i tried the options given on this site but i'm not getting
where i'm making mistake

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/msi/setup/standard_installer_command_line_o...

the comandline i'm trying is:

product_msi.msi /uninstall

and the output i'm getting is :

this patch package could not be opened. verify that the patch package
exists and............

can anyone tell me how to use command line to uninstall the product.

Note: the product is made by my company in .net 2.0. it is not a
microsoft prodcut i'm trying to uninstall.

thanks,
Lucky

2 Answers

lucky

hello guys!
i've found a solution and providing here for those who are having same
problem as i had.

msiexec /uninstall product_msi.msi </qn>

u can also use </qn> for no user interface.

Cheers!
Lucky

lucky wrote:
> hi guys,
> i'm trying to run a MSI from command line to uninstall the installed
> version. i tried the options given on this site but i'm not getting
> where i'm making mistake
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/msi/setup/standard_installer_command_line_o...
>
> the comandline i'm trying is:
>
> product_msi.msi /uninstall
>
> and the output i'm getting is :
>
> this patch package could not be opened. verify that the patch package
> exists and............
>
> can anyone tell me how to use command line to uninstall the product.
>
> Note: the product is made by my company in .net 2.0. it is not a
> microsoft prodcut i'm trying to uninstall.
>
> thanks,
> Lucky

Phil Wilson

msiexec /x {productcode guid} also works.
--
Phil Wilson
[Microsoft MVP-Windows Installer]