microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Redistributing .net Framework 1.1 SP 1

Maqsood Ahmed

8/21/2006 10:10:00 AM

Hello,
I want to redistribute the .net framework 1.1 SP 1 with the application
as it is the requirement for our application. I know that .net
Framework 1.1 can be redistributed (and installed) as the part of the
application installation using bootstrapper, but is there any way that
I can install .net Framework 1.1 SP1 before my application (and after
the .net Framework 1.1) is installed.

I do not want to package it with the application installation, as it
will increase the installation size. I want it to be a separate file
(as it is in the case of .net Framework redistributable file).

Can anyone help in this regard? Can I use bootstrapper .ini file to
achieve this task?
Thanks in advance.

Maqsood Ahmed
Kolachi Advanced Technologies
http://www.k...

1 Answer

Phil Wilson

This should help, and you'd need to VS 2003 bootstrapper.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetdep/html/vsredistdep...
--
Phil Wilson
[Microsoft MVP Windows Installer]