microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Unable to run VB.NET app without VS2005

Justin

8/14/2006 7:31:00 PM

We had a project in VS2003 and deployed it a while back. Performing updates
and re-deploying them was never a problem.

Recently we upgraded to VS2005 and converted our existing project. Which
caused us to update the components we where using. This time when we
re-deployed the app we uninstalled the existing app and reinstalled with the
updated installer. We did this knowing the DLLs would need to be updated.
Now we get an error when trying to run the app on every machine that doesn't
have VS2005 installed. If I install VS2005 then the app runs.

In addition to re-installing the app on these machines we updated them to
dotnet 2.0 which also required Windows Installer 3.0.

What could be possible reasons the app won't run without VS2005?

Thanks for any insight!
Justin