microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

need setup file location

sudhaoncyberworld

7/29/2006 9:58:00 AM

Hi Techies,

I have requirement of finding out the location of where my setup file
exist(not installed application location - not target directory) when i
run the setup

Details :

I have setup file which is created using setup & dep. project
of .net,

when user run my setup, there will be one more data
file[dynamic product serial-no] which is exist in the same folder of
setup file. so when i install my setup i want to read the this serial
no and i need to add with my application.

Solution please

Enviroment

Setup & Dep project
VS 2005
C#
Framework 2.0
Win XP

Thanks

1 Answer

Phil Wilson

The SourceDir property will probably work for you (it's the path to where
the MSI is being installed from), and the OriginalDatabase property is the
path the MSI file.
--
Phil Wilson [MVP Windows Installer]
----