microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Customized installation screen

Angelina

7/25/2006 10:25:00 AM

Hi All,

I am creating a setup for a windows application in VS 2005. Now I want to
customise look and feel of all the installation steps screens. But VS 2005
seems not to provide this feature. This only allows to change the baaner
bitmap and some selected text strings. How can this be achieved. Can I also
change location/layout of various user controls in the installation screen.
will greatly appreciate if some could help me out through this.

- Angelina

1 Answer

Phil Wilson

There are a bunch of tools of varying capabilities and cost that can buildf
MSIs and let you customize the UI, from free (like Wix) to more expensive
(InstallShield, Wise).
http://www.installsite.org/pages/en/msi/aut...
--
Phil Wilson [MVP Windows Installer]