microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

setting custom action to run from installation CD

steve

7/25/2006 2:35:00 AM

Hi All

I want to install sql server express after checking if the user needs it and
it is not already installed
I have written a small vb.net program to do this but I want it to run the
sql server installation from the application setup CD

How can I get a custom action to run from the installation CD rather than
installing the exe file to the users computer first

I am using VB.net 2005 for a windows deployment project

Regards
Steve

1 Answer

Phil Wilson

Please try not to dupilcate posts. This is also separately posted in
vstudio.setup.
--
Phil Wilson
[Microsoft MVP-Windows Installer]