microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Deploy multiple .Net web services?

Fan

7/17/2006 5:28:00 PM

Dear all,

Now I am experiencing problems in deploying .Net web services to
production servers. We have multiple web services which share some of
the common libraries (.Net assemblies and .Net COM objects). These
common assemblies are put in "Common" directory. The structure looks
like:

c:\inetpub\wwwroot
-------- WS1
-------- WS2
-------- Common

My question is how we can deploy this structure to the production
server efficiently. Can we build one set up (or windows installer)
program to maintain the same structure? Do we have to put the common
dlls into GAS in order to share them? Also, it is better that the
setup program could call "regasm" to register the .Net COM dlls
automatically. Is this feasible?

Thanks very much.

Fan