microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

VS2005 Setup Project for .NET Framework 1.1

tim

7/17/2006 3:35:00 PM

Hi!

I have a problem that I hope you can help me with!!

I had VS2003, and had built a setup project that used the bootstrapper to
install .NET Framework 1.1 if necessary on the target machine.
This all worked fine.

I have just purchased VS2005 Pro.

I wanted to use VS2005 from now on for everything and wanted to check out
the behaviour of the above setup project for my app.

But the problem is that it tries to install .NET Framework 2.0 when I run my
project's .MSI.

How can I get it to only check for and install if necessary v1.1? Is this
possible?

And I want to do this using only VS2005.

I hope you can help.
Regards,

Tim
1 Answer

Phil Wilson

In the project's launch conditions, properties on the .NET Framework check,
change the version from 2.0.50727 to 1.1.4322. You'll have to change the
InstallUrl too.
--
Phil Wilson [MVP Windows Installer]
----