microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup

Shell32.dll in Setup Project

Jon Berry

7/14/2006 2:41:00 AM

I'm using Visual C# Standard 2003 for this.

I've got a component that uses interop to call Shell32.dll.

The setup project that I've created wants to include a copy
of Shell32.dll in the project.

Shell32.dll is over 8MB and I do not wish to include it.

I've told Visual Studio to exclude Shell32.dll and my program works
fine without it.

Question is, will I have any problems when deploying to an
unknown users system?

Is Shell32.dll included in all versions of Windows?

Thanks,

Jon

2 Answers

(Mattias Sjögren)

>Is Shell32.dll included in all versions of Windows?

Yes it is, you shouldn't distribute it.

Mattias

--
Mattias Sjögren [C# MVP] mattias @ mvps.org